Innovative Eyewear, Inc. (NASDAQ: LUCY) is focused on the development and retail of smart eyewear products under the Lucyd, Nautica, and Eddie Bauer brands. Shares of the smart glasses company are rallying 38% through early trading on Tuesday, February 7, 2023. Over the past three months, Innovative Eyewear has seen average daily volume of 1.67 million shares. However, volume of 15.36 million shares or dollar volume of around $58.83 million, has already exchanged hands through early trading.
Shares of Innovative Eyewear are gaining after the company announced the launch of its Lucyd Lyte 2.0 audio eyewear product, which carries several major upgrades from its prior version. The new Lucyd Lyte 2.0 product line is now available at Lucyd.co. Management says they plan to now expand distribution across optical and specialty retailers worldwide.
The launch comes as the Innovative Eyewear team has spent several years in research & development (R&D) to create the next generation of its smart eyewear products. Lucyd Lyte 2.0 products include many different updates including:
- Integrated four-speaker array for immersive open-ear audio that is similar to the sound quality found in traditional earbuds, but without obstructing your hearing. The upgraded speakers also have an enhanced mid-range and bas response compared to prior versions.
- Dual noise-cancelling microphones allow users to record audio content such as podcasts and voice messages. In addition, the microphone upgrade allows for better phone call quality and input for voice assistants like Siri.
- Improved battery life that now has 12 hours of music playback and call time per charge; representing a 50% upgrade from its predecessors.
- Product line features 15 trending eyewear styles.
- Lucyd Lyte 2.0 product line has frames designed to fit all different head shapes and sizes.
- Touch controls provide an audible signal when a user changes the volume or activates voice assistant.
- Stronger construction and better magnetic charging connection.
- Integrated with Bluetooth 5.2.
- Large selection of over 20 custom lenses on Lucyd.co.
“Simply put, there is no smart eyewear on the market that is as bold, beautiful and functional as the Lucyd Lyte 2.0,” says Harrison Gross, CEO of Innovative Eyewear. “We are in a very unique place in history where time-tested devices like the wristwatch and eyeglasses are being reimagined as onramps into our digital lives. I am grateful and amazed that my team was able to develop smart eyewear that truly delivers on the promise of wearables to make many forms of data and mobile computing easier to access, and more natural and seamless. Unlike many companies that produce smart eyewear alongside dozens or hundreds of other products, we are singularly focused on this emerging category to make it useful and exciting for the average person. I encourage everyone to upgrade their eyewear® with the Lyte 2.0, to see and hear the difference that years of thoughtful and rigorous development on a single core concept can make.”
Disclosure: No position. Spotlight Growth has no relationships with any of the companies mentioned in this article and did not receive payment in any form for its creation. This is an opinion article and is not meant to be financial advise. We are not broker-dealers or investment professionals. Please conduct your own due diligence. For more information on our disclosures, please visit: https://spotlightgrowth.com/disclosures/